Free same-day estimates. Spring deal - up to $1,000 off selective granite and quartz options
Everything you need to know about marble
MARBLE COUNTERTOP INSTALL ORLANDO
A Comprehensive Guide to Choosing the Perfect
Marble Countertop for Your Kitchen Renovation
What are Marble Countertops, and Should You Add Them To Your Home?
Marble countertops are growing in popularity among homeowners looking to bring a sense of sophistication and beauty to their kitchens or bathrooms. Marble countertops are an excellent choice for any kitchen, offering a timeless yet elegant look.
They're crafted using natural stone, so you can be sure that your design is strong and durable. Marble countertops are countertops made from natural stone, typically marble, a metamorphic rock composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals. Marble countertops are durable, heat-resistant, and can look luxurious in any kitchen or bathroom. They are also relatively easy to care for but require regular maintenance to keep them looking their best.
Different Types of Marble Countertops
With a variety of colors and styles, there is sure to be a marble countertop that fits any design aesthetic. The most common types of marble countertops include white marble countertops, black marble countertops, Calcutta marble, white marble, and Carrara marble. Each type of marble has unique characteristics, making it ideal for different uses.
White marble is perfect for creating a bright and airy look, while black marble creates an elegant and dramatic look. Calacatta and Carrara's marbles are luxurious options with unique veining patterns that add character to any space. No matter which type of marble you choose, it will surely make your home look stunning. Check out some inspirations here.
Is Marble a Better Countertop Option than Granite?
Marble and granite are natural stones popular in home design and remodeling projects. Marble is a type of metamorphic rock that is soft and often has unique veining patterns, while granite is an igneous rock that is harder and has a more consistent pattern. Granite is generally more durable and less porous than marble, making it a better choice for countertops, flooring, and other surfaces that will be subject to daily wear and tear. Marble, however, can be more visually appealing due to its unique veining patterns.
Advantages & Disadvantages Of Marble Countertops
Marble countertops are attractive for homes since they bring a classic, timeless look and feel. Marble is also known for its durability, natural heat resistance, and easy maintenance. However, some drawbacks to using marble countertops should be considered before making the investment. Check out our marble pros & cons list:
1. Durable: Marble is a strong, durable natural stone that won't easily chip or scratch.
2. Heat Resistant: Marble can withstand extremely high temperatures without damage, making it an ideal choice for kitchen countertops and other areas that may be exposed to heat.
3. Unique: No two pieces of marble are alike. This makes marble countertops a unique and special addition to any home.
4. Low Maintenance: Marble is easy to clean and maintain, requiring only occasional sealing to keep it looking its best.
1. Expensive: Marble countertops come with a hefty price tag, especially when compared to other materials such as laminate or concrete.
2. Prone to Stains: Marble is a porous material easily stained by acidic liquids such as vinegar, tomato sauce, and citrus juices.
3. High Maintenance: Marble countertops require frequent sealing and polishing to keep their beautiful glossy finish.
4. Scratch Resistant: Marble is a relatively soft stone that can easily be scratched or chipped if not properly cared for.
Where to Find Quality Marble Countertops at the Best Price?
Finding quality marble countertops at the best price can be challenging. Marble countertop installation also requires a lot of care and attention. Fortunately, at AllStone, we have several options to help you get the perfect marble countertop at an affordable price. We’re Orlando’s top stone fabricator and specialize in providing high-quality marble countertops at wholesale prices.
1. Gather supplies: warm water, mild dish soap, soft cloths, a clean sponge, baking soda, and a soft-bristled brush.
2. Start by wiping down the countertop with warm water and mild dish soap using a soft cloth. Rinse with clean water and dry with another soft cloth.
3. Mix equal parts baking soda and water to make a paste. Use a soft-bristled brush to scrub the paste into the countertop in a circular motion. Rinse with clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
How to remove stains:
To remove light stains, mix baking soda with a bit of water to make a paste. Apply the paste to the stained area and let it sit for 15 minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
For tougher stains, mix equal parts water and hydrogen peroxide and apply to the stained area. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes before wiping it away with a damp cloth.
10 fun marble facts you didn't know
1. Marble is a metamorphic rock formed from limestone.
2. Marble has been used for kitchens, sculptures, and buildings since ancient times.
3. The most famous marble sculptures are Michelangelo’s David and Pieta.
4. The Taj Mahal in India is one of the most famous marble buildings in the world.
5. The most popular types of marble are Italian Carrara and Greek Pentelikon marble.
6. Marble appears in a variety of colors, including white, pink, gray, and black.
7. Marble is often used as a backsplash option.
8. Marble is a metamorphic rock composed of recrystallized carbonate minerals
9. Marble is a natural stone that is composed of calcium carbonate.
10. Marble countertops are available in a variety of colors and patterns, including white, black, gray, green, pink, and more.
Affordable, quality marble
At AllStone, we offer a full range of countertop fabrication and installation services. From design and layout to the final installation, our experienced professionals ensure your project is completed to your exact specifications.
Fabrication and installation services for countertops can include measuring and cutting the countertop to fit the space, installing the hardware and fixtures, and connecting plumbing and electrical systems. Other services may include sanding, polishing, applying sealant, or applying decorative finishes. In some cases, professionals may also offer additional services such as customizing designs or creating unique countertop features.
We offer a wide selection of countertop materials, including granite, quartz, marble, laminate, and solid surfaces. Marble is one of the most popular choices for countertops as it adds a beautiful and timeless look to any kitchen or bathroom (check out these inspirations) It has a luxurious feel and comes in a variety of colors, making it a perfect choice for any space. Marble countertops are also very durable and long-lasting, making them a great investment.
But don't worry, if marble counters are not your top choice, we can provide custom-made countertops that are tailored to meet your needs. Our fabrication and installation services are designed to ensure you get the perfect countertops for your space.